- No one can go back and make a brand new start, my friend, but anyone can start from here and make a brand new end.
(1926 - ) Indian poet and educator.
- Where shall we seek for meaning?
In wisdom's court
Or in a life of sorrow? 
(1938 - ) Hispanic-American poet.
- You insult me
When you say I'm schizophrenic
My divisions are
Infinite. [Reestless Serpents, 1976]
(1864-1926) English-born Jewish humorist, playwright, and activist; popularized the term 'melting pot' to describe the dynamics of a multicultural society; ardent campaigner for Jewish independence.
- No man is a hero to his valet or his relatives. 
- Every Dogma has its day, but ideals are eternal. 
- The only true love is love at first sight; second sight dispels it.
- Indifference and hypocracy between them keep orthodoxy alive. 
- The Past: Our cradle, not our prison; there is danger as well as appeal in its glamor. The past is for inspiration, not imitation, for continuation, not repitition.
- In how many lives does love really play a dominant part? The average taxpayer is no more capable of the grand passion than of a grand opera.
- No Jew was ever fool enough to turn Christian unless he was a clever man. [from Children of the Ghetto]
- America is God's Crucible, the great Melting-Pot where all the races of Europe are melting and re-forming! [from The Melting Pot]
Emiliano Zapata (Emiliano Zapata Salazar)
(1877-1919) Mexican revolutionary.
- It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees!
Frank Zappa (Frank Vincent Zappa)
(1940-1993) American composer, producer, director, musician, and free speach advocate
- Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff.
- It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice there are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia.
- Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.
- The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced.
- Love is not the end of the world, love is the beginning of the world. Many people write about the subject of love as if that was some ultimate attainment to aspire to
you can have love but you can go beyond that, into realms that are even more interesting.
- Government is the Entertainment Division of industry
- A lot of things wrong with society today are directly attributable to the fact that the people who make the laws are sexually maladjusted.
- There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another.
- There is no hell. There is only France.
- The first thing you have to do if you want to raise nice kids, is you have to talk to them like they are people instead of talking to them like they're property. 
- We're involved in sort of a low key war against apathy. Most of what we do is designed to annoy people to the point where they might just for a second question enough of their environment to do something about it. 
- A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment.
- The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way, and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theatre. 
- Music is the most physically inspiring of all the Arts.
- All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.
- People make a lot of fuss about my kids having such supposedly 'strange names'. But the fact is that no matter what first names I might have given them, it is the last name that is going to get them in trouble.
- You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
- Tobacco is my favorite vegetable. 
- It's fairly obvious, since Richard Nixon, that there is no such thing as a fair deal for any voter in the United States You're just not gonna get it. It's a joke the people that you vote for, they're the next best thing to criminals. But of course they have money for advertising campaigns that make them look a little bit better than they actually are.
- When God created Republicans, he gave up on everything else.
- The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents because they have a tame child-creature in their house.
- I'll tell you what classical music is for those of you who don't know. Classical music is this music that was written by a bunch of dead people a long time ago. And it's formula music, the same as top forty music is formula music. In order to have a piece be classical, it has to conform to academic standards that were the current norms of that day and age ... I think that people are entitled to be amused, and entertained. If they see deviations from this classical norm, it's probably good for their mental health.
- Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read. 
- It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you know the uglier everything seems.
- Experts are never right or wrong: they win or lose. Right and wrong are decided by proof; winning and losing are decided by who is doing the talking or talks the loudest, has the last, latest, or only word, and is quoted by reporters. 
Zeno (Zeno of Citium)
(335 B.C. - 263 B.C.) Greek philosopher of the Stoic school.
- The reason why we have two ears and only one mouth is that we may listen the more and talk the less.
(1898-1976) Chinese Communist Activist, Diplomat, and long-time Premier of the Peoples Republic of China.
- All diplomacy is a continuation of war by other means. 
(1939 - 2003) White House Press Secretary for President Richard Nixon.
- The president is aware of what is going on. That is not to say that there is anything going on. 
- If my answers sound confusing, I think they are confusing because the questions are confusing and the situation is confusing.
- Certain elements may try to stretch the Watergate burglary beyond what it is. 
- I would apologize to the Post, and I would apologize to Mr. Woodward and Mr. Bernstein. We would all have to say that mistakes were made . . . particularly if you look at them in the context of developments that have taken place.
Zig Ziglar (Hinton Hillary Ziglar)
(1926- ) American author, salesman, and long-time motivational speaker.
- Remember that failure is an event, not a person.
- Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.
- The most important persuasion tool you have in your entire arsenal is integrity.
- You can have everything in life that you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.
- Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.
- Expect the best, prepare for the worst.
- Where you start is not as important as where you finish.
(1934 - ) American author.
- If God had meant for us to travel tourist class he would have made us narrower. 
William Zinsser (William Knowlton Zinsser)
(1922- ) American jounalist, author, and professor at Yale and Columbia; long-time executive editor of the Book-of-the-Month Club
- There's not much to be said about the period except that most writers don't reach it soon enough.
(1840-1902) French Novelist, jounalist, and political activist, famous for his "I Accuse" Newspaper Editorial on Army conspiracy and antisemitism in the Alfred Dreyfus espionage case.,
- Civilization will not attain perfection until the last stone from the last church falls on the last priest.
- The artist is nothing without gift, but the gift is nothing without work.
- If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: I am here to live out loud.