J. Danforth (Dan) Quayle
US Vice President
- A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls.
- For NASA, space is still a high priority. - 9/5/90
- Hawaii has always been a very pivotal role in the Pacific. It is in the Pacific. It is a part of the United States that is an island that is right here.
- I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican.
- I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change. - 5/22/89
- If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure.
- I have made good judgements in the Past. I have made good judgements in the Future.
- Illegitimacy is something we should talk about in terms of not having it. - 5/20/92
- I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix.
- I stand by all the misstatements that I've made. - to Sam Donaldson, 8/17/89
- I support efforts to limit the terms of members of Congress, especially members of the House and members of the Senate.
- It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.
- It's time for the human race to enter the solar system.
- I want to be Robin to Bush's Batman.
- I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have was that I didn't study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people.
- Japan is an important ally of ours. Japan and the United States of the Western industrialized capacity, 60 percent of the GNP, two countries. That's a statement in and of itself.
- Mars is essentially in the same orbit... Mars is somewhat the same distance from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means there is oxygen. If oxygen, that m
- May our nation continue to be the beakon of hope to the world. - 1989 Christmas card
- Murphy Brown is doing better than I am. At least she knows she still has a job next year. - 8/18/92
- One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'. - 12/6/89
- People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history.
- Public speaking is very easy. - to reporters,10/88
- Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children. - 9/18/90
- Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child.
- The American people would not want to know of any misquotes that Dan Quayle may or may not make.
- The future will be better tomorrow.
- The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century. - 9/15/88
- Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things. - 11/30/88
- We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur. - 9/22/90
- We don't want to go back to tomorrow, we want to go forward.
- We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe.
- Welcome to President Bush, Mrs. Bush, and my fellow astronauts.
- We're all capable of mistakes, but I do not care to enlighten you on the mistakes we may or may not have made.
- We're going to have the best-educated American people in the world. - 9/21/88
- What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is.
- When I have been asked during these last weeks who caused the riots and the killing in L.A., my answer has been direct and simple: Who is to blame for the riots? The rioters are to blame. Who is to blame for the killings? The killers are to blame.You all look like happy campers to me. Happy campers you are, happy campers you have been, and, as far as I am concerned, happy campers you will always be. - to local residents upon arriving in American Samoa
T. De Quincy
- If once a man indulges himself in Murder, very soon he comes to think little of Robbing, and from Robbing he comes next to Drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to Incivility and Procrastination. - from Murder Considered As One of the Fine Arts