P.C. Home Page . Recent Additions
A B .
C D .
E F .
G H .
I J .
K L .
M N .
O P .
Q R .
S T .
U V .
W X .
- THE Lord God planted a garden
- In the first white days of the world,
- And He set there an angel warden
- In a garment of light enfurled.
- So near to the peace of Heaven,
- That the hawk might nest with the wren,
- For there in the cool of the even
- God walked with the first of men.
- And I dream that these garden-closes
- With their shade and their sun-flecked sod
- And their lilies and bowers of roses,
- Were laid by the hand of God.
- The kiss of the sun for pardon,
- The song of the birds for mirth,--
- One is nearer God's heart in a garden
- Than anywhere else on earth.
- For He broke it for us in a garden
- Under the olive-trees
- Where the angel of strength was the warden
- And the soul of the world found ease.
- Dorothy Frances Gurney
Poets' Corner .
H O M E .