Poets' Corner Home Page . News and Recent Additions
- HOT sun, cool fire, tempered with sweet air,
- Black shade, fair nurse, shadow my white hair.
- Shine, sun; burn fire; breathe, air, and ease me;
- Black shade, fair nurse, shroud me and please me;
- Shadow, my sweet nurse, keep me from burning,
- Make not my glad cause cause of mourning.
- Let not my beauty's fire
- Inflame unstaid desire,
- Nor pierce any bright eye
- That wand'reth lightly.
- George Peele
Poets' Corner .
H O M E .
©2000 Poets' Corner Editorial Staff, All Rights Reserved Worldwide