Poets' Corner Home Page . News and Recent Additions
- MY mind was a mirror:
- It saw what it saw, it knew what it knew.
- In youth my mind was just a mirror
- In a rapidly flying car,
- Which catches and loses bits of the landscape.
- Then in time
- Great scratches were made on the mirror,
- Letting the outside world come in,
- And letting my inner self look out.
- For this is the birth of the soul in sorrow,
- A birth with gains and losses.
- The mind sees the world as a thing apart,
- And the soul makes the world at one with itself.
- A mirror scratched reflects no imageó
- And this is the silence of wisdom.
- Edgar lee Masters
Poets' Corner .
H O M E .
©2000 Poets' Corner Editorial Staff, All Rights Reserved Worldwide