P.C. Home Page . Recent Additions
A B . C D .
E F . G H .
I J . K L .
M N . O P .
Q R . S T .
U V . W X .
- I SCARCELY know my worthless picture,
- As seen in those soft eyes and clear;
- But oh, dear heart, I know the stricture
- You pass on it when none are near.
- Deep eyes that smiling give denial
- To tears that you have shed in vain;
- Fond heart that summoned on my trial,
- Upbraids the witness of thy pain.
- Eyes, tender eyes, betray me never!
- Still hold the flattered image fast
- Whereby I shape the fond endeavour
- To justify your faith at last.
- Emily Pfeiffer
Poets' Corner .
H O M E .