P.C. Home Page . Recent Additions
A B .
C D .
E F .
G H .
I J .
K L .
M N .
O P .
Q R .
S T .
U V .
W X .
- A WET sheet and a flowing sea,
- A wind that follows fast,
- And fills the white and rustling sail,
- And bends the gallant mast--
- And bends the gallant mast, my boys,
- While, like the eagle free,
- Away the good ship flies, and leaves
- Old England on the lee.
- "O for a soft and gentle mind!"
- I heard a fair one cry;
- But give to me the snoring breeze
- And white waves heaving high--
- And white waves heaving high, my boys,
- The good ship tight and free;
- The world of waters is our home,
- And merry men are we.
- There's tempest in yon hornèd moon,
- And lightning in yon cloud;
- And hark the music, mariners!
- The wind is piping loud--
- The wind is piping loud, my boys,
- The lightning flashing free;
- While the hollow oak our palace is,
- Our heritage the sea.
- Allan Cunningham
Poets' Corner .
H O M E .