Poets' Corner Home Page . News and Recent Additions
Quickly and pleasantly the seasons blow
- QUICKLY and pleasantly the seasons blow
- Over the meadows of eternity,
- As wave on wave the pulsings of the sea
- Merge and are lost, each in the other's flow.
- Time is no lover; it is only he
- That is the one unconquerable foe,
- He is the sudden tempest none can know,
- Winged with swift winds that none may hope to flee.
- Fair child of loveliness, these endless fears
- Are nought to us; let us be gods of stone,
- And set our images beyond the years
- On some high mount where we can be alone;
- And thou shalt ever be as now thou art,
- And I shall watch thee with untroubled heart.
- Robert Hillyer
Poets' Corner .
H O M E .
©2000 Poets' Corner Editorial Staff, All Rights Reserved Worldwide